Pandora Single Player
Pandora single player?! Yes, you read that right, we are adding a completely new option to play Pandora against AI opponents for those of you who would prefer a more casual approach without the inherent stress of PvP.
How does it work?
- After using a Pandora or Practice coin on the Pandora gate, you will now choose whether you'd like a Single Player or Multi Player run.
- The Single Player drafting format is exactly the same as Multi Player
- The more victories you have, the harder your Single Player AI opponent will be
- The more victories you have, the more rewards you reap!
Single Player runs have a reduced set of rewards compared to Multi Player, due to the inherently lower difficulty. This solo mode is intended to provide a way for non-competitive players to enjoy Pandora and increase their collection without facing competitive opponents. Performing well should be worth the time investment compared to just buying packs outright.
The Pandora solo is currently only available on PC, Linux, Mac computers and Android Early Access. The Pandora solo will be available on iPad tablets later this month.
Due to a bug, Pandora PvP games that were started prior to the update will be finished in PvE mode. Therefore, your rewards will have been reduced.
To those affected, we are sending:
- A full Pandora coin to any Practice run that was in progress
- A full Pandora coin + 1000 gold to Pandora run that was in progress
In addition to this, Pandora Single player is not currently awarding experience per game as intended, This will be fixed tomorrow.
Android tablet Early Access
As we've mentioned previously, Android support has been one of our major focuses since the release of version 1.0.
With such a large number of community requests that we have received to test it, we are happy to make Faeria available later in the day through the Play Store's Early Access feature. The current Android version of Faeria will be available for Tablets with Android 6+ (Marshmallow). We are looking at expanding this as we go and we are looking forward to your feedback.
Please note that the Early Access version of Faeria on Android tablets will be available between 4pm and 5pm CEST today. Android tablet propagation may take up to 24 hours of propagation in different regions/different devices
Android known issue
During a purchase, the Google Play Store window will pop-up. If the player isn't fast enough, they will be disconnected from the server but the purchase will be completed. They will receive what was purchased as soon as they start the app again.
Faeria is already available in 7 languages including English, French, German, Portuguese, Italian, Russian and Spanish. In today's update, we are also bringing Faeria to more languages:
- Chinese (Simplified)
- Chinese (Traditional)
With these additions, we are now supporting a total of 10 languages with more to come!
We would like to thank our hard working community translators for the help provided in the process: Gravekper, uwlryoung, anatomic, ASML, weipeng, HAHATTAN, Ceyropaiax, YAAP, Naix, iya, Arrotanis and Ascalodon!
Fixes and improvements
- Improvements of overall performances
- Addition of servers in Asia (Singapore)
- Fixed an issue that was causing servers to freeze on rare occasions
- Addition of a redirect to an other world region if there are no game servers in the best region (based on player's ping)
- Minor AI improvements
- Fixed some server side game crashes
- Global memory consumption improvements (Orb and Avatar graphics quality have been equalized and optimized)
- iPads with 1GB of RAM or less will no longer be able to set their visual quality to "High" and be forced to play in "Low" quality settings
- Our particle system has been completely reworked. iPads "Low" quality and PC/Mac/Linux "Lowest" quality settings have been adjusted. The particle effects are now either disabled or tuned down, leading to smoother experience, improved battery life on tablets and reduced RAM consumption but a decrease in animation quality.
While we're at it, we wanted to give everyone a follow-up on what we've fixed since last Saturday's Monthly Cup regarding the free stream reward issues that some users experienced.
- We've sorted all outstanding issues where players weren't correctly sent an Egg.
- If you had an issue, you will have received an Egg in-game yesterday.
- We've identified the underlying cause for the problems and it won't happen in the future.
We've sent everyone who was affected an email explaining all of this. In addition, to ensure everyone had a chance to hatch their eggs in time, we will be activating a special hatching event this coming Thursday, where your current Egg will be hatching. Sorry for any trouble!
Also, we'll be increasing the expiration date of existing Egg coupon from long ago some time this week before that hatching event.
One last thing we'd like to note is that if you ever change your Twitch username, you will need to unbind your account on The Hub, then rebind it - otherwise your account will not be properly linked.