What is Pandora?
Pandora is meant to be a completely different experience from normal constructed play. Casual, exciting, and unpredictable are three words you could use to describe the intended experience.
Sit down, draft a deck, have fun. That's what you should expect from Pandora.
How does it work?
When you click on Pandora in the main menu, you will be presented with a gate that must be unlocked to enter Pandora - the special limited draft format of Faeria
There are two types of Pandora drafts:
- Standard - Entry Cost: 2 Battle Chests
- Mythic - Entry Cost: 2400 Shards
Standard vs Mythic
Standard runs are designed to be only available to those without a complete collection. Rewards in Standard Pandora are designed to accelerate collection building. Once you obtain a full collection in Faeria, you can no longer earn Battle Chests and therefore not enter Standard Pandora.
Mythic runs are a way to earn more Shards, which you can use for cosmetic purchases and Mythic Chests.
No matter the type of Pandora run you choose, you will enter the same matchmaking queue and earn the same amount of Pandora Points. (See below)
Single Player vs Multi-Player
Once you choose a type of run, you'll be presented with two options: Single Player or Multi Player
Single Player runs have a reduced set of rewards compared to Multi Player, due to the inherently lower difficulty. This solo mode is intended to provide a way for non-competitive players to enjoy Pandora and increase their collection without facing competitive opponents. Performing well should be worth the time investment compared to just buying packs outright. Rewards for both modes are listed below.
Both the Single Player and Multi Player modes otherwise work exactly the same. In Single player, each time you beat an opponent the AI will increase in difficulty.
- Once you unlock the gate, you will notice one of the four main colors will be locked out of your control.
- You will be presented with a selection of five randomly selected cards, grouped by card rarity.
- You will proceed to select cards this way until you have completed a deck of 30 cards.
- Every 10 cards, you will be presented with a special "Pandora Treasure" to choose from. Treasures are powerful creatures, structures, or events. They are available only in Pandora, not in Battle Chests or constructed mode. These treasures will become available in-game after Pandora is opened.
- Your goal is to construct the best deck possible using the limited resources you have.
- Once you have done that, you are ready to play Pandora.
Queuing for Pandora works much like any other mode. Whether you are in a Standard or Mythic run, you are entered into the same matchmaking queue. You will continue to play with your Pandora deck until you accumulate six wins, or two losses.
Depending on the amount of games you win in one run, you will earn a certain amount of Pandora Points.
Shuffled into each player's decks are shards of Pandora. When these shards are drawn, the player then draws another card and Pandora is one step closer to opening.
Once five total shards are drawn by either player, Pandora opens.
When Pandora is opened:
- Faeria Wells will no longer generate Faeria
- Players will now receive +6 Faeria per turn, instead of the normal 3.
- Shards are removed from both player's decks
- Treasures that were drafted are shuffled into each player's deck
- "Treasure found" cards are shuffled into each deck. When a "Treasure found" card is drawn, each player gets a random treasure of the three they drafted.
- One "Treasure found" card is drawn as soon as Pandora opens
Treasures are powerful creatures, structures, or events. They are available only in Pandora, not in Battle Chests or constructed mode. These treasures will become available in-game after Pandora is opened.
There are currently 30 treasures available to choose from.
Depending on the amount of games you win in one Pandora run, you will earn a certain amount of Pandora Points (PP).
Those Pandora Points can earn you special rewards at the end of each season.
(Last updated August 21st, 2018)
- 0 Wins: 0 PP + 1 Battle Chest + 3 Commons
- 1 Win: 2 PP + 1 Battle Chest + 3 Commons + 1 Rare
- 2 Wins: 4 PP + 1 Battle Chest + 4 Commons + 1 Rare
- 3 Wins: 5 PP + 2 Battle Chests + 4 Commons + 2 Rares
- 4 Wins: 5 PP + 2 Battle Chests + 5 Commons + 2 Rares
- 5 Wins: 6 PP + 2 Battle Chests + 5 Commons + 3 Rares
- 6 Wins: 7 PP + 3 Battle Chests + 2 Commons + 3 Rares
- 0 Wins: 1 PP + 1 Battle Chest + 3 Commons
- 1 Win: 3 PP + 1 Battle Chest + 3 Commons + 1 Rare
- 2 Wins: 6 PP + 2 Battle Chest + 4 Commons + 1 Rare
- 3 Wins: 10 PP + 2 Battle Chests + 5 Commons + 1 Rare
- 4 Wins: 15 PP + 3 Battle Chests + 2 Commons + 1 Rare + 1 Epic
- 5 Wins: 20 PP + 3 Battle Chests + 4 Commons + 2 Rares + 1 Epic
- 6 Wins: 30 PP + 5 Battle Chests
- 0 Wins: 0 PP + 2000 Shards
- 1 Win: 2 PP + 2400 Shards
- 2 Wins: 4 PP + 2600 Shards
- 3 Wins: 5 PP + 2800 Shards
- 4 Wins: 5 PP + 3000 Shards
- 5 Wins: 6 PP + 3200 Shards
- 6 Wins: 7 PP + 3400 Shards
- 0 Wins: 1 PP + 2000 Shards
- 1 Win: 3 PP + 2400 Shards
- 2 Wins: 6 PP + 2700 Shards
- 3 Wins: 10 PP + 3200 Shards
- 4 Wins: 15 PP + 3600 Shards
- 5 Wins: 20 PP + 4200 Shards
- 6 Wins: 30 PP + 5000 Shards
You can track your seasonal Pandora ranking at https://www.faeria.com/esport/pandora-season.
After a win in any type of Pandora run you will receive normal end-of-match rewards and experience.
The matchmaking algorithm for Pandora to creates an MMR-like score per run, based on your number of Wins and Losses.
In general, you should be matched against other players with a similar amount of wins and losses, creating an even playing field where a player's own drafting skill and gameplay ability determine the opponents they face.
Read here for more in-depth strategies regarding Pandora play.