I present you my Midrange Yak Deck.
Here are some explanations cards by cards, to know the different options that can be expected.
- Steam Forge (1): Just one card, for one faeria. You can randomly boost a yak in +1 attack. Really cool when your Long-horned yaks are boosted.
- Crystal Flower (2): No need to present this card (^^). However, you can summon a Baby Yak beside, to protect it and save time.
- Famine (3): Use when you have at least 1 or 2 Ruby Yaks on the board, try to use it when you have several yaks to deal more damage on your opponent.
- Triton banquet (2): Can be used to surprise the enemy in any situation. On a Ruby Yak or Sapphire Yak. It’s really strong with a Sapphire Yak, to make a double collect and boost your Yaks to +3/+3.
- Elderwood Embrace (3): Try to keep one or two for your Ruby Yaks! Or for Topaz Yaks to deal more damage and keep them alive.
- Runnin's Guidance (3): Allows you to boost your Yaks, I use it regularly on Long-Horned Yaks (to keep attack stats),
- Sapphire Yak (3): The combo with Topaz Yaks is really strong, be sure to put your land in good position.
- Emerald Yak (3): A great card! If you start 2nd with this card in hand, don’t hesitate! Baby Yak allows you to make a combo with Famine + Ruby Yaks, and reduce the cost of your Mother of All Yaks!
- Topaz Yak (3): Haste only if summoned next to a Yak. Really effective if using with the Sapphire Yak. But also very good to finish your opponent! This Yak is sometimes boosted by the attack of Long Horned Yaks.
- Ruby Yak (3): You can boost them with Elderwood Embrace or Runnin's guidance to keep them alive and make the combo with Famine! Those must not be sacrificed (Sapphire Yak too)
- Long-Horned Yak (3): Buff them with Runnin's Guidance if you had the opportunity! But not too much, think you're looking for them to be killed!
- Mother of all Yaks (1): Big Mama! Part of win condition to attack or defend. I rarely buy her more than 9 Faeria.
After an icalulable number of games played, attempts and modifications, I think I finally find a good synergy for this deck.
Tell me what you think about it in the comments.
Your devoted Yaks worshiper.