Emperor Axolotl Gemshell Control
Some highlights of the crazy pushes you can do with this deck:
Spent the whole day polishing this deck. I think it's in a solid state now, it's a ton of fun to play!
Deck is full of synergy, i'll probably forget some but i'll try to list them here:
* Emperor Kaios = Emperors command, Humbling vision, Auroras creation (get as many emperors as you can)
* Grappling hook = Axolotl to face and teleport, place land. Laya = 3 faeria removal, option to teleport. Radiance, sets up lethal, stalls a turn and is more durable than axolotl. Baldurion, trigger corrupt with teleport to face, use removal. Seifer, no damage done but all stats gained, teleport to face.
* Auroras creation = Meant for Emperor Kaios but can be hard to pull off, so there are many other excellent targets: Seifer, Baldurion (more hammers means gemshell can pull you burn), Radiance, Garudan, Gemshell, laya in a desperate situation
* Gemshell = Many insane creatures to pull, Kaios is nutty, Garudan is good (expensive though), Baldurion is fantastic since you ensure the corrupt and maybe get more burn in very drawn out games, can draw hammer as stated before, seifer is incredible at 3 faeria, having two radiance can sometimes (rarely) be a two turn kill, laya is awesome, humbling vision can help a lot, etc...
* Seifer = Grappling hook, Emperors command, Emperor Kaios, Humbling vision
Some general guidelines on the gameplan:
* In general you should muligan for Ritualist and try to get to 3 mountains. Use ritualist to ramp land, gather faeria and bait removal that would otherwise kill axolotl. Ritualist makes getting into expensive territory easy, truly an amazing card, you can have your 6 land creatures down around round 4-5, and later it provides extra draw.
* If your space is not invaded, place axolotl center tile in front of your orb if you can grappling hook to face. If you have several axolotls then there is no point in holding onto it, just slap it down and bait removals.
* You generally try to control the enemies creatures, and it is very important that you avoid the enemy getting an agressive land placement at all costs. This means your ranged win conditions and kaios will be safer, and giving you space to breathe if you need to work up to radiance. At some point you will do an agressive push with grappling hook + land placement, or garudan into land placement.
* If you think you are unable to win by ranged creatures (can be very difficult against jump for example), controlling with multiple emperor kaios is the second win condition.
This deck is a real gem. Definitely the most interesting thing i've come up with yet. I've went around 50-50 winrate, it's hard because people in god are try harding with blue jump and RG salamander which this deck can definitely struggle with, but my initial success of something like 4 wins really surprised me and it has been fairly consistent since, although a bunch of changes was made (no emperor kaios win condition before)