RY • Hi Atk Ctrl
WHY YOU SHOULD PLAY THIS DECK
• Teaches you how the 'Clock' in faeria works
• Teaches how to play from behind and how to make a comeback
• Always a strong hand - even the starting hand
• Dozens of openers
• Interesting decision making
• Every game is a fresh, new experience and teaches you how to get different results with the same tools
• Great comeback potential, always worth playing a game out!
Keep Ghoul, Wrangler, Fanatic (but dont end up with a bunch of fanatics), Manta Rider or Mistral Guide. It really is that diverse.
From my experience so far the best opening you can have is going second: desert, explore, desert jump onto an enemy land with fanatic, wrangle him and then wrangle the wrangler. That leaves you with a 5/2 on his land (maybe even next to his well, blocking it) which your opponent has to clear or you'll be able to build your third desert next to his well or orb. The second 5/2 can contest his wellspot on the following turn. Continue by building 1aggressive desert and 2 mountains, preferably one next to his orb/well and one close to you as a defensive alternative. With this opening you have already summoned 5 creatures on turn 2 that buff your Firebringer to a 6/6.
If you keep sacrificing ghouls, you'll have extremely strong firebringers to finish him off. Radiance can save your butt when getting rushed yourself and gives you a 10/10 just like that. Fun times. Against green you can even drop yourself low enough to use it if you have Altar of Souls.
You should always pressure as much as possible while controlling enemy wells/clearing their collectors. You can even start off with a Mistral Guide shooting stuff at your opponent.