God Rank (Part 1) RY Burn
Posted by SootFlower on 24/05/2017
- 3 2 Underground Brigand 3
- 5 3 Seifer, Blood Tyrant 1
- 4 2 Grim Guard 3
- 2 2 Seifer's Wrath 3
- 0 3 Flash Wind 3
- 7 2 Hellfire 1
- 4 2 Gift of Steel 3
- 5 2 Shedim Brute 3
- 3 2 Flame Burst 3
- 1 2 Khalim's Training 3
- 7 3 3 Scourgeflame Spe.. 3
- 2 2 Iona's Smile 1
Hi ! This is the first deck I used to reach god rank this month with 59.7% winrate. I used this until I reached rank 1, but then I got a bit bored and I swapped to another deck of my own (that you can find here: https://www.faeria.com/the-hub/deck/1305-god-rank-part-2-br-concede).
If you're not familiar with the deck, it's pretty straight forward. You want to survive until you reach 3 mountains and 3 deserts. Then you can push a lot of dammages thanks to the Specters and eventually win the game. Basicaly, this is some sort of controlish SMOrc :p
Regarding the decklist, it's very close to the standard RY Burn decklist. I'm simply not playing 3xGroundshaker because I feel like the lack of synergy with Gift of Steel really is a flaw. Instead, I tried 1xHellfire, 1xIona's Smile and 1xUnderground Brigand and it worked quite well ! Hellfire really helps breaking the momentum of tempo decks and Iona's Smile saved me more than once from those "3 mountains, 3 deserts but no Specter" situations.
Last but not least, mulligan ! Here, you can go two ways:
1) If you got a creature (apart from Specter) and some yellow spells you can try to mulligan for the early all-in combo creature+Flash Wind+Training(+Gift of Steel). If your opponent can't react in time, the dammage will be massive; knowing that you can finish him off later with Specters.
2) Else, just try to aim for 2 creatures and a blast and play it slow until late game
I've had quite some fun with this deck, even if I feel like the skillcap is not the highest. Still it is very effective and definitely worth trying !
PS: Follow me on Twitter @Lxmbb !
LAND TYPES (by number of cards)
FAERIA COST (by number of cards)
Most liked decks View moreqq
Latest decks View more
Gravekper's Yellow Events
Lord of Terror Burn